When someone is getting married, one of the top things on their list to-do is get in shape! Your wedding is one of those days you want to look and feel your absolute best. Some brides go overboard, get way too stressed about hitting the gym, and then give up easily. Some are not as motivated and so the idea of getting into an exercise routine can be overwhelming. Therefore, we have come up with a list of just 5 baby steps to kickstart your pre-wedding workout journey!
1. Decide and Commit: Think about exactly what you would like to accomplish; do you need to tone up, lose inches, or shed some pounds, etc.? Now choose an exercise and eating regimen to get you closer to that goal! Generally, eating “clean” and high intensity cardio are a great combo to start with! Remember that what you eat is just as important as working out. Committing also means having accountability. Whether it’s your fiancé, a close friend, or a trainer, you will need someone to ask you how it’s going and maybe they will even hit the gym with you!
2. Stock your closet with workout gear: There is nothing more motivating than feeling great about those new yoga pants and matching top! Without even breaking a sweat you communicate, “Hi, I’m a serious athlete; check out the pocket in my dri-fit pull over.” Workout clothes are trending everywhere at the moment so there are some great deals you can get. Hello Fabletics by Kate Hudson! 🙂
3. Create a playlist: Take some time, go through your iTunes account and create a specific pre-wedding workout playlist. It should be about 45 mins so you can time it with your routine. Put some songs you want played at your wedding so that you can visualize your transformed body and the big day while the song is on!
4. Drink plenty of water: On a normal basis you need about 8 glasses of water per day; this still applies when you are getting married! Not to mention what all of this hydration will do for your skin, it will have amazing effects.
5. Be confident and happy with yourself: At the end of the day, remember that your fiancé loves you for who you are. Out of all of the people in the world they chose YOU to be their life partner. No matter what the outcome is of your work out routine, you will radiate beauty if you are confident in your self.
So get out there and move! Good luck!
Your VIP Team