We are in love with this mansion wedding. Everything from the lighting, flowers, and not to mention the beautiful couple! Enjoy the fabulous pictures taken by Lin and Jirsa Photography. Congratulations again to Scott and Lisa.
Winter Wedding Color Palettes
It’s beginning to look a lot like…winter. Finally! We are thirsty for some rain and weather change here in Southern California and the weddings are ready to change right along with mother nature. The cozy months of winter allow for so many great color options that are inviting and just as beautiful as any spring or summer palette.
Rosey Reds- Reds are a traditional favorite for the winter time; but traditional doesn’t mean boring. Red is the color of love and passion. With compliments of blue hues, blush’s, or greens it softens the red making this palette completely winter appropriate.
Icy Blues- The best part about colors is that there are so many! We love that different shades evoke different feelings and atmosphere’s. If you’re wanting to be a Frozen Princess, you don’t have to “let it go” just because there is no white on the ground; the ice blue color ties in the winter feel without the snow fall.
Midnight blues- For a more dramatic flair, go for a deeper blue palette. This is the perfect compliment to the night sky looking at the stars.
Natural Greens- Have you ever heard the term, “shake what your mama gave you?” Well the same principle applies here! Use the inspiration of nature in everything you do. From green pines to adorable pine cones, we love natural!
There are so many possibilities with colors (not all listed here) and winter time makes it that much more fun! Enjoy your holiday season!
Your VIP Team
So in the spirit of “thanks” and “giving,” there are people that are sometimes overlooked when it comes to the wedding day. People who have been there for you in your lives individually or as a couple, and now they are there as witnesses on your big day…your guests!
Even with the honor of being invited, the great food, drinks, and fun that come a long with your wedding it’s special to go an extra mile to say “thank you for coming” to your guests. Here are some simple ideas that make your guests feel like you were thinking about them.
- Personalized Cup-Whether it’s their own wine glass for the night, water goblet, or mug, a cute drinking glass is a great way to go! At this wedding at the Hamilton Oaks Winery, each place setting was fixed with a “mustache mug” with the couple’s name and wedding date printed on.
- Late Night Snack- Keep it simple with grab bags for guests on the way out! Fill it with cookies and milk, some protein bars, or even gum!
- Mixed-CD for the ride home- This is a fun surprise for guests that they won’t expect! Put together some of your favorite songs as a couple or even the playlist of your ceremony to keep it in their memories for the drive home.
- Photo Booth- Definitely a wedding favorite! And now there are so many options: you can print strips, 5”X7” pictures, mini-books, and even little videos.
- Stuffed Jars- Filling jars with anything small is a winner. Popcorn, coffee beans, jelly beans, (just keep thinking of little beans)…
These are some DIY projects that will be fun to do with your Bridesmaids! Have a favor party while you form an assembly line and prepare for the big day. These little details seem tedious but actually say a HUGE “thank you.”
Your VIP Team
So the amazing thing about the internet is the endless amount of options and variations of ideas we are presented with! Now we have thousands of wedding blogs, websites, and search engines to help us plan the big day. This could get a tad overwhelming since most brides love A LOT of different things. Hopefully, you have heard of this great website called “Pinterest.” 😉 Now is the time to use Pinterest to your advantage! If you are having a hard time nailing down a theme or consistent ideas, it’s so easy to create a couple different boards that you can contrast and compare themes to! Here are some wedding themes I love and used my Pinterest to compare them:
Industrial Wedding- Exposed brick, pipes, minimal florals, mismatched chairs, think, “Less is more.” This style allows the venue space to be a blank canvas and for the decor to ‘paint’ on the simplicity of the walls. Get creative and think out of the box; industrial weddings are all about turning nothing into something to really catch your eye like that wooden crate turned floral chandelier on one of my pins.
Old World Wedding- Every last detail is completely ornate yet delicate at the same time. (Make’s me think of Rose from Titanic: extremely intricate and complicated, yet she had the most graceful beauty.) That’s the look you’re going for with an Old World Wedding! Bring in old books, maps, your grandmother’s china, old passports, etc. It’s in the tiniest of details that bring this style to life.
Bohemian Wedding- Be one with nature with lots of wildflowers, tall grass, trees, and maybe even opt for no shoes! This type of wedding is made to look effortless (even though there is much effort applied). Let your hair and decor fly with the wind with ribbon in trees, relaxed fit dresses, the more ‘thrown together’ the better!
Glam Wedding- Time to get your Gatsby on: glitter, sparkle, spot lights, shine…there is no limit here! You want glitz, lace, pearls, AND feathers? GO FOR IT. Love the idea of sparkly bottle of champagne as a favor.
Western Wedding- Western weddings are so fun and cutesy but can still bring that glam to a wedding! Using boots as a floral vase and a symbol like a horseshoe for all your paper goods gives the western vibe a cohesiveness.
Tuscan Wedding- There is something so romantic and simple about olive branches, speaking Italian, and long tables with a view of the sunset. Wine, pasta, and food food food everywhere!
Timeless, Classic Wedding- All weddings are beautiful; and of course when it is your own it is absolutely unforgettable. For those who love the classic looks of white, lace, splashes of pinks and gold these timeless elements can last forever. Candles and simple colors are easy on the eye and draw all the attention to the Bride and Groom.
Bright Wedding- Colors are a great feature for any wedding! They make statements and add pops that bring a fun element without saying, “Welcome to Wonderland.” To incorporate these pops of colors, focus on a core group of 4-5 colors and put them in your accents. (i.e. flowers, escort cards, ribbons, shoes, etc.) The rest of your decor can be a backdrop for these gorgeous hues to shine!
Being engaged is one of the most testing times in decision making. So many decisions are made (hopefully with your fiancé) in a short amount of time, it’s tempting to want to second guess yourself. But don’t look back! Choosing a central theme and gathering all of your elements around it, make your day that much more unique and memorable and help push you to keep moving forward to the big day! Happy Planning!
Your VIP Team
So your wedding is a couple weeks away and you are still checking weather.com every day. Why? Because when you booked your outdoor venue for wintertime or spring in California the last thing on your mind was rain, especially in this drought! With no more than one weeks notice, there it is…65 degrees with a 60% chance of rain on your big day. Don’t get too discouraged, you have plenty of trendy options!
- Go with a tent– This may be on the high priced scale but it could be worth saving those brand new Manolo’s from muddy ground! If your wedding is an outdoor venue, it’s better to be safe under a tent rather than wishing you had one. You can go for a clear tent and still get that complete outdoor feel.
- Stock up on some old fashioned umbrellas– Let’s get real: who has not fantasized about kissing in the rain under a cute umbrella? Your dream has come true!
- Opt for a cute winter fur coat– So there’s no rain but just a bit chilly. (If you’re anything like me, weather under 70 degrees is cold) LOL Be prepared with an adorable fur shrug to keep warm.
- Outdoor heaters– A great way to keep your guests happy at their table is to keep them warm! A couple of heaters spread through out the reception goes a long way.
- Keep your positivity! Nothing can ruin a day faster than a bad attitude. Remember you get to spend the rest of your life with your best friend! A little rain just makes it that much more fun;)
Hope this helps you see the silver lining in the chance of a down pour; no matter what the weather, your wedding will be as great as you make it!
Your VIP Team