Nico and Chantal pledged their vows to each other at the classic VIP Mansion and had the whole audience in tears. Their personal vows sounded like that of pure poetry. Lucky for us Brian Perry captured the love between them perfectly in this wedding video.
Congratulations Nico and Chantal! We wish you nothing but happiness and love!
XOXO, Your VIP Team
Today’s Throwback Thursday is dedicated to all of those magical movie weddings that gave us butterflies and had us crying into our pillow! Hollywood sure knows how to design a great wedding, and what better than beautiful celebrities as the Mr. and Mrs.?! Today we go back to remember some of the special moments really stand out to us.
1. Father of the Bride (1991) This movie will make you laugh, cry, and love everything about the traditional wedding ceremony! Amazing that they fit the entire reception in their house; I’ve always wondered exactly how they did that under that gorgeously lit white tent! And who doesn’t want swans at their wedding?
2. Runaway Bride (1999) Julia Roberts is a master at the romantic comedy; we just can’t get over how stunning she looks in a wedding gown! In Runaway Bride she has the pleasure of wearing multiple, but the last one is our favorite.
3. Bride Wars (2009) Remember when we all wanted to get married on June 5th at The Plaza? It was a popular day, especially in this movie of two best friends that taught us your wedding should be better than everyone else’s and you altar yourself to fit Vera. (just kidding) We just can’t forget the way The Plaza looked while Liv (Kate Hudson) walked down the aisle in that gorgeous Vera Wang!
4. Mamma Mia (2008) We sang ABBA all the way till the end of the movie. Even though, Amanda Seyfried and her beau don’t end up being the ones to get hitched, we cannot take away the fact that their wedding was spectacular! In a church, on a hill IN GREECE! Reception under the evening stars.
When someone is getting married, one of the top things on their list to-do is get in shape! Your wedding is one of those days you want to look and feel your absolute best. Some brides go overboard, get way too stressed about hitting the gym, and then give up easily. Some are not as motivated and so the idea of getting into an exercise routine can be overwhelming. Therefore, we have come up with a list of just 5 baby steps to kickstart your pre-wedding workout journey!
1. Decide and Commit: Think about exactly what you would like to accomplish; do you need to tone up, lose inches, or shed some pounds, etc.? Now choose an exercise and eating regimen to get you closer to that goal! Generally, eating “clean” and high intensity cardio are a great combo to start with! Remember that what you eat is just as important as working out. Committing also means having accountability. Whether it’s your fiancé, a close friend, or a trainer, you will need someone to ask you how it’s going and maybe they will even hit the gym with you!
2. Stock your closet with workout gear: There is nothing more motivating than feeling great about those new yoga pants and matching top! Without even breaking a sweat you communicate, “Hi, I’m a serious athlete; check out the pocket in my dri-fit pull over.” Workout clothes are trending everywhere at the moment so there are some great deals you can get. Hello Fabletics by Kate Hudson! 🙂
3. Create a playlist: Take some time, go through your iTunes account and create a specific pre-wedding workout playlist. It should be about 45 mins so you can time it with your routine. Put some songs you want played at your wedding so that you can visualize your transformed body and the big day while the song is on!
4. Drink plenty of water: On a normal basis you need about 8 glasses of water per day; this still applies when you are getting married! Not to mention what all of this hydration will do for your skin, it will have amazing effects.
5. Be confident and happy with yourself: At the end of the day, remember that your fiancé loves you for who you are. Out of all of the people in the world they chose YOU to be their life partner. No matter what the outcome is of your work out routine, you will radiate beauty if you are confident in your self.
So get out there and move! Good luck!
Your VIP Team
So in the spirit of “thanks” and “giving,” there are people that are sometimes overlooked when it comes to the wedding day. People who have been there for you in your lives individually or as a couple, and now they are there as witnesses on your big day…your guests!
Even with the honor of being invited, the great food, drinks, and fun that come a long with your wedding it’s special to go an extra mile to say “thank you for coming” to your guests. Here are some simple ideas that make your guests feel like you were thinking about them.
- Personalized Cup-Whether it’s their own wine glass for the night, water goblet, or mug, a cute drinking glass is a great way to go! At this wedding at the Hamilton Oaks Winery, each place setting was fixed with a “mustache mug” with the couple’s name and wedding date printed on.
- Late Night Snack- Keep it simple with grab bags for guests on the way out! Fill it with cookies and milk, some protein bars, or even gum!
- Mixed-CD for the ride home- This is a fun surprise for guests that they won’t expect! Put together some of your favorite songs as a couple or even the playlist of your ceremony to keep it in their memories for the drive home.
- Photo Booth- Definitely a wedding favorite! And now there are so many options: you can print strips, 5”X7” pictures, mini-books, and even little videos.
- Stuffed Jars- Filling jars with anything small is a winner. Popcorn, coffee beans, jelly beans, (just keep thinking of little beans)…
These are some DIY projects that will be fun to do with your Bridesmaids! Have a favor party while you form an assembly line and prepare for the big day. These little details seem tedious but actually say a HUGE “thank you.”
Your VIP Team